Saturday 26 September 2009

Country Renaissance Festival



I went to the local Renaissance festival every year in University and was quite disappointed when it closed down. So I was very happy to discover that Milton, Ontario was hosting a new fest and dragged my husband out.

I always found that seeing costumes, weapons and armour in use gave my writing more verisimilitude, as I'd better understand the problems and nuances of their use. And the fairs were a lot of fun to attend.


Those in the Royal Court and the Village of Wittingham are members of Faires in Time, the jousters from the Ontario International Jousting Association and the bird demonstrations by Birds in Flight Peregrine International. (In the photos directly above, two knights break lances in the joust and a knight cuts a cabbage in half with a sword from horseback.)


No comments: