Friday 31 December 2010

Resolutions

With the new year coming, it's time to think of the past year and decide what, if anything, needs to be changed.  I saw a TED.com talk which stated that telling others your goals makes you less likely to achieve them (as the telling gives you the same sense of accomplishment as the doing).  That may be true, but sometimes telling others makes you more inclined to achieve your goals, as others will ask you how you're coming along in them.  So with that in mind, here are my blog/reading New Year's Resolutions.

1.  I used to read a lot of manga, back when they were hard to find in English and before they became mainstream.  I own a fair number of manga in Japanese that have never been translated and/or are now out of print in English (Sailor Moon, Sailor V, Kodomo no Omocha, Hime chan no Ribbon, etc.), but there are a lot of manga that have been translated that I've not read for various reasons.  I wouldn't mind reviewing some of those.

2.  I also want to start reviewing more graphic novels.  I was a heavy X-Men reader in highschool and university and want to get back into comics to some extent.

3.  Write out my movie reviews in a more timely fashion so I can publish more of them (before I forget what happened and my likes/dislikes).

4.  Reread some of my favourite SFF books and post reviews of them.

5. Read the books I buy faster (rather than putting them to the bottom of my to be read pile, after review books I'm sent that I didn't request).

What reading resolutions do you have for 2011?

No comments: