Wednesday 8 December 2010

SF Signal "Our Favourite Books" Podcast

The SF Signal Podcast #19 is the first live podcast I've done. I was a lot more relaxed than for the phone in. :)

Here were my 'best of 2010' books (and please note these aren't in ranked order, this is the order I spoke about them on the podcast):

For Fantasy:
Under Heaven by Guy Gavriel Kay
Desert Spear by Peter Brett
Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin

For Science Fiction:
The Dervish House by Ian McDonald
Veracity by Laura Bynum
State of Decay by James Knapp

For Teen SFF:
Mockinjay by Suzanne Collins (as that's the one in the series published this year. I loved the other 2 books in the series as well.)
Eon by Alison Goodman
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
bonus: (ie not a 2010 publication) The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness (I intend to read his 2010 release - the third in the series, Monsters of Men - before the year is out.)

I came out of the podcast with new books to look up, so go listen to what the other SF Signal bloggers have to recommend.

No comments: