Tuesday 25 February 2014

The World's Biggest Bookstore Closes in One Month

There's only one month left until the World's Biggest Bookstore closes its doors (March 23rd).  After working there for 10 years, it's a sad time for me, seeing the shelves slowly empty out.  All of my endcaps are gone, but there's still a decent amount of SFF books on the shelves - not the stock I'm used to, but still more than a smaller format mall store.  The New and Hot SFF display is still up and we've got some great bargain books currently 50% off their already low prices (note: this is something only being done at our store).



Still, the closing of the store opens new opportunities.  I'll have more time to devote to my blog and book reviewing.  I've come up with a few new features for the blog, which I'll talk about soon.  I'll also have more time for some of my craftier endeavours.  So in a way, while I'm not happy the store's closing, I'm ok with this change and looking forward to what the future will bring.

No comments: